Friday, May 5, 2017

NEWSFLASH: 90-Second Meteor

I just clicked over to livemeteors.com in time to see this meteor. It lasted a minute and a half. Except for the one they tracked last year that lasted two minutes, this is totally unprecedented in all the years they've been monitoring meteors, and the same goes for me. This could be part of the tail of Halley's comet which we're passing through at the moment, or it could be a rogue, but whatever the case this is a serious shooting star. I grabbed my phone after I heard a long tone and I got this pic after it was well under way. I backed up the video, and it began at 12:34:15.




Here it is still going strong at 12:35:10.















Here it finally blinks out at about 12:35:45. That adds up to a minute and a half. That's a big meteor. It's not normal. Heads up. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment