Saturday, February 13, 2021

Tint Tim Revisited

[ ]I recently did a post about Tiny Tim, the legendary-lefty Uke player and falsetto singer. I talked about the impact he had on me and how I knew he was much more than a "novelty act," which so many saw him as, and how he seemed to be a genuinely good person. He had a heart attack and died onstage, performing his hit "Tiptoe Through the Tulips," which I think is the ultimate way for a musician to go out. I was just watching a video about him, and one of the comments put a lump in my throat. [ ]It said "I met him in person. I went to one of his later-in-life appearances. I'm ashamed to say I went to mock him. Then we met and shook hands. He was so kind. His eyes were so kind, and I knew he just wanted what we all want: kindness and compassion. I was so ashamed of myself. I complemented his hair color. He told me he used Miss Clairol 23, and his eyes were filled with gratitude for my small acceptance of him. That was an enormous lesson for me at age 25, and I'll be forever grateful that he was my teacher. Bless you Tiny Tim- you taught me about kindness and compassion." What an amazing story. There were over 1,200 replies to that comment, which I've never seen before. I said that Tiny Tim was a good person. I rest my case. God bless you Tiny Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment