Thursday, April 25, 2024

Homeless with Dog

We see all these touching photos of homeless people with their dogs, and I always check them out. Sometimes they park their dog on the corner of the blanket next to a sign saying "Please help me feed my dog," and then they spend the money on dope, but most of the time you can see the look of love on both the human's and the dog's faces, and you can't fake that. 

 In my book someone who loves animals can't be all bad, and of course being homeless doesn't automatically make someone a bad person, or a druggie or mentally ill or anything else. Let's face it...they're losers to some degree, as I am, or they wouldn't be homeless, but there is such a thing as being down on one's luck I guess. If someone loves animals, bums and billionaires alike, they're my people. 

 This could be me soon, only I'd never make my best friend homeless too, just because I'm a loser. Apparently, if I hadn't looked after my mom and dad for the last 16 years, I'd never, ever have gotten into another band, had a blast and made stupidly-good money, or do anything else I used to do for fun and profit, and I'd have been content to sit on my lazy ass without a penny in my pocket for 16 years. A few people actually think that's the case. Going by the bottom line though, I'm a big fat loser. 

 I won't be in any photos of a homeless guy and his dog...I'll be just plain homeless. My dog sure won't though, and I'm pretty sure a very good friend will take him. She has dogs of her own and a farm for good measure, so he can run around and socialize and have a better life than he has now. Having him at an apartment is one thing, but having him on the streets? Forget it. 

 My mom asked me if I couldn't just keep him on a leash instead of finding him a home but I told her I couldn't do that. She said that if we have to be separated on Earth, we'll be reunited in Heaven. I hope that's true. If there is a Heaven, one of us will be there for sure, and it's the one with four paws and a tail. Anyway, to all those who share the streets with their best buddies, no matter what their story is, for what it's worth I say God bless them AND their animals. God bless y'all. Maybe I'll see ya 'round.


No comments:

Post a Comment