Monday, April 22, 2024

Forgetting About Saving a Life

I've actually saved another life too, but amazingly that was a wretched situation when it should've been incredible, and that's another story. This story is one that surprisingly I'd completely forgotten, until a former colleague from the crazy restaurant posted on our Facebook page and reminded me of it.

 He (Les the Mess) said "Remember the night you saved that old man's life when he was choking? You did the Heimlich." At first I was like, "Huh?" but then I remembered. Dang, I wish I could remember half the shit I've forgotten. It seems like that'd be something I'd remember. I know I wasn't drinking...I just forgot. Too much shit from fashion I guess.

 It flashed back into my head. It was the typical scenario...guy starts choking, you grab him with two fists under the ribcage and pull inward and upward...food pops out of his throat. That's how it was. The family thanked me, and as far as I remember I didn't break any ribs. Bless his heart. 

 The guy was definitely choking and I did do the deal on him and so technically I did save his life, but anyone could've done it. I just happened to be closest. It was cool to see that it worked, and on the first try. I remember it so clearly now that I can't believe I'd forgotten it. Just another day at the office. Maybe I've been useful a time or two. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment