Thursday, February 22, 2024

ATTENTION: A Free Natural High that Really Works (NOT Substance-Related)

I don't know where to begin, but sometimes I have to thank the YT algo for sending strange and wonderful things into my life. I don't really know if it's necessarily a good or a bad thing but this arrangement of Michael Jackson's Beat It seriously altered my brain's chemistry and electromagnetism and such, hopefully temporarily, and gave me the weirdest and heaviest free buzz I may have ever had in my life, and I'm not kidding. Most of the comments I read seemed to echo my experience, and some of them were incredible. 

 It literally made me laugh and cry at the same time, to the point that if I'd been in public and not wanted to come off like a complete lunatic, it would've taken a lot of self-control to stop. It's about to again as I write, and that's only happened maybe a couple of times in my life. It's giving me butterflies right now just thinking about it, and that's extraordinary. 

 I know what it's like to cry tears of joy, and that's a beautiful thing, but this was different. I was definitely crying tears of joy and exhilaration, but they were also tears of confusion, imbalance, unease, outright horror and probably a few psychoses thrown in for good measure. I'm barely joking. It was a mind-warping experience. Music has always had the power to push my buttons and make me cry without warning, and it can certainly make me laugh, but it's never done both at once.

 It was face-warping too. It's an absolute trip to feel your face wanting to laugh and cry at the same time. I'd start to burst out into laughter but then I could feel the corners of my mouth turn sharply down and I'd be crying. I wish I'd looked in a mirror. My brain was firing every whichaway and releasing chemicals from A to Z. It was truly a buzz, and a bizarre and powerful one. As weird as it was it was also extremely cathartic and fun to experience.

 I could've turned it off because the experience kept getting more intense, but like with a powerful acid trip, you have to have a strong mind to not let it overwhelm you, and it's best not to fight it and just to go with the flow. I can say that a time or two I spent a decent amount of money on some substance that didn't get me nearly as altered as listening to this track did. I was grateful after reading the comments that I wasn't the only one who was altered to such a degree. It was a bit concerning.

 I haven't even mentioned what it was. It was titled "Beat It, but Every Note is C." I almost didn't click but thank the algo gods I did. Like one person commented, I thought I'd check out maybe a minute of it, but I listened to it twice. I don't know how or why but it's one of the trippiest things I've ever heard in my life. 

 The first thing that hit me was that it was probably what it might sound like if you listened to the original version on a bad acid trip, but it was so much more. I couldn't have imagined the mind-melting effect that staying on one note could have. I thought it'd be boring. Wrong. He did cheat a time or two by going flat and getting a different note, but otherwise every vocal and instrumental note was a C. Just doing it is remarkable, but the mind-altering effects are incredible. 

 I've said a million times that if I hadn't gotten into music I'd have been a scientist, and I'd have gotten grants to study things like this. I'd love to know the mechanism of how this sonic Frankenstein or whatever it is can alter the brain in such a way. I'd love to do PET scans and things to see what areas of the brain light up. Maybe it only triggers people who are nuts to begin with, but I hope not. It's truly profound. 

 I'm going to record it from the laptop speakers onto my Zoom recorder, load it and them email it to myself. I'll also have it on the SD card. That's how much I want to make sure I can access it again. I wish I could get a higher resolution version from the guy who did it but he didn't respond to any of the comments, as beautiful as they were.

 Again I have to say that it's so weird that it's almost hard to say if it's good or bad, but I'd think that being able to get your brain to release all those chemicals naturally, and make you feel like you're on a rollercoaster at Six Flags or something, is a good thing. It took me completely by surprise.

 It's times like this that I wish I'd promoted my blog, because a few people might follow the link and experience it for themselves, and I'd love to know their reactions, if they could stick it out. For those who occasionally stumble across this blog, if you dare, the link is >HERE. You've been warned. Enjoy. Holy Moly. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment