Sunday, January 3, 2021

"You Know..." (Tiny Tim's Last Words)

Those were the last words that Tiny Tim spoke, and this photo is of his very last second on Earth. One second later he keeled over, still holding the mic stand, and his Ukulele. May God rest his beautiful and interesting soul. Tiny was one of a kind. I remember when he hit the scene...I was in shock. I want to say I first heard him on a show called Laugh-In, where he was billed as "Novelty music."

 I thought he was a joke too...for about five seconds. When I heard his voice and his playing style, as strange as they were, I knew he was something special, to me anyway, and I've been a fan ever since. What he brought to the table was unique to say the least. I was hard to please when it came to singer-songwriter types, in other words a guy (or gal) with a guitar, much less a Uke, but Tiny blew me away. 

 I was very saddened to learn of his passing, but is this image some sort of morbid fascination with seeing someone's last moment on Earth? Hardly. I think it's beautiful. I've always said that if I could pick an activity to be doing when I die it would be playing music, and Tiny is just one of many that I'm sure had similar wishes, and actually lived, or rather died, to see them come true. Tiny Tim died doing exactly what he loved to do...what he was born to do. In my book you couldn't ask for anything more. I always try to separate the music from the musician, because a lot of them are into some weird shit, but it's always nice to know that by all accounts a musician was also a good person, and that can be said about Tiny Tim. He died with his music just like he lived with it. Thanks for the style, Tiny Tim. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment