Sunday, March 5, 2023

Gawaga?

When my dog and I wake up in the morning, we usually have a little dialog. I'll say something like "Hey buddy! Did you get some good sleep?" He'll answer me with a yawn and a comment, except that he speaks Dog, and I don't speak fluent Dog, although I'm learning.

 Sometimes it sounds like he's trying to say funny words, and quite often he says something that sounds like "Gawaga." It happens so frequently that I've asked him, "Yo, what does 'Gawaga' mean?" but of course he won't tell me. 

 After a decade it finally dawned on me...he must be talking about Andres Galarraga, first-baseman and all-around good guy, who played for the Atlanta Braves from 1998-2000. How does he know about Andres Galarraga? Was he dreaming about him? Huh...it's a mystery. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment