Friday, December 25, 2020

Holiday Tipple

I've been wanting to get into Prickly Pear for years because I've always heard good things about it but I never got around to it until a few weeks ago. I'd been getting some Neuropathy in my feet and I heard it was good for that. It had been going on for about two months, but after three or four days taking it once a day the pain was almost gone, and it had truly been intense. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I doubt it. It flared up a time or two since but if I take some of this stuff once a week or so it seems to keep it under control. 

 I'm hoping it might help my mom's arthritis. Earlier tonight I made her a cup, with honey and lemon. Luckily it tastes good. I thought it would taste bitter and gnarly but it's actually very good. I thought I'd make some for my dog and me to share, and as usual I got a little carried away, but not too bad. I was going to put honey in it for me but I didn't want to give him any, and I was too tired to make two separate batches, so I decided to go with a pinch of beef broth, to make sure he'd drink it. It tasted better than I thought it would, considering that the MSM sulfur I added is bitter. It's not a taste you'd crave but it wasn't bad. Here's the recipe:

Gnarlygreen Drink


2 T Prickly Pear powder*

1 t Ginkgo powder*

1-1/2 T Spirulina*

1 T Moringa powder*

1 t bee pollen

1 t pine tree pollen*

2 T grass-fed collagen

1/2 lemon*

1/4 t Cayenne*

1/2 t beef broth* (Better than Bullion brand, omit if no dog)

1/2 t MSM sulfur*

500mg vitamin C

about 2 cups hot water

Stir for a while, drink. Serves two, or one dog and one human. I use purified water and organic when possible.

*organic


 I forgot to add Turmeric and black pepper but it still has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, plus high levels of antioxidants, nutrition, vitamins, minerals, protein, carbs and even fiber, plus collagen for skin, hair, nails, bones, veins, arteries and internal organs. In short this stuff is kickass. People who say that this is bogus or that you pee it all out or whatever simply are uneducated about nutrition, and more often than not are unhealthy as hell to boot. I doubt I'll have any alcohol this holiday but this stuff is pretty strong, and it's a bit better for you. "If you're green inside, you're clean inside." Cheers.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment