Saturday, June 19, 2021

The Numbers Game: Rockin' the 11s

[ ]Yesterday I posted a video with a fucked-up soundtrack. I was filming some Lightning Bugs at dusk, and I got out one of my toys and did a deal right on the spot, just to have some sound, since the video was pretty much blackness. I thought it was hilarious but I could definitely see most people thinking it's heinous, and that's fine. Heinous is in the ear of the beholder. It has around 33 views so far, which is about average for my vids. There are three likes, which is less than half of what I usually get, but again it's understandable. Most people were probably afraid to comment. Maybe they think the track is somehow a reflection of my mental state, which hopefully isn't the case. Apparently those three people have a sense of humor. You'd need one to listen to that stuff. [ ]A couple of people who commented actually liked it, but my favorite comment came from my girl Marci T. She's a trip and she doesn't hold back. She said something like "This is s nice place to be...NOT!!!" That cracked me up. So far no one has suggested I get mental help, so I guess that's good. My long-time musical collaborator, Thumb, and I have been planning a "remote recording" with a guy named Pete, who plays guitar and Pedal Steel. He's fairly conservative in his musical tastes, and not much into the "Noise" scene, which the track definitely qualifies as. He said he wanted to start with something "slow and pretty," so as a joke I told Thumb to send it to him, when he gets through looping, mangling, treating and God knows what else he'll do to it. I told him to tell Pete that it's a love song. Maybe he'll get the joke, but he's never played with Thumb and me before, and if he does he'll be in for an adventure, and he needs to be broken-in properly. I think it's hilarious but then again I record tracks like this one. These days I'm about half a bubble short of level anyway. [ ]11 is an extremely powerful number, to both sides, and when I looked at the vid after about three minutes I started seeing 11s, with some basic Numerology that is. First there were 11 views. The video is 56 seconds long, which adds to 11. I had 209 subs, another 11 (2 + 9). Even the date, 6/18/2021, adds up to...you guessed it...11 (6 + 18 = 24, + 2 = 26, + 2 = 28, + 1 = 29, 2 = 9 = 11). Lots of 11s there. Oh, and 11:11 is mega-heavy. When the HD version finished loading I hit Publish. I looked at the time and it was...that's right...11:11. How 11-ish is that? Sure it's a coincidence but I dig it, and this time there were no 666s. 11 is heavy. Embrace it. Numbers rock. Numbers are musical. Numbers are how we got language. Numbers have frequency and numbers have power. In the big picture we're all just a number anyway, on a Social Scrutiny card, but it's all good. Have a numerical day, and Rikki don't lose that number.

No comments:

Post a Comment