Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Bold (AI) Look of Kohler

I'm going to grin (literally) and bear it, or maybe I should bare it, and watch Super Bowl Whatsitsnumber. First blatant whiff I see I reserve the right to change to Puppy Bowl XIV. I just saw this new commercial for Kohler. It shows a bunch of half-completed robots standing around and marvelling at a futuristic, glowing toilet. I had the sound down so I don't know what they were saying, but they were obviously into it. Of course they were in a major metropolitan area, as indicated by the skyscrapers. I don't suppose they'd be living in the sticks.
 Junior got the closest. It's probably because he and the toilet were glowing the same color. It is a pretty shade of blue. The robotic parental units seemed to want to keep their distance, but I'm going without sound.










 Dadbot is obviously lost in thought. His face is human enough to be creepy as fuck. Is he pondering the wonders of the glowing blue toilet, like the apes with the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey? They sure do have a nice apartment. Or maybe they're just visiting. I need to watch this with the sound. It's on YouTube. It's funny how many people have already taken screen shots. It's had an impression on others too.


 Robomom in a staring contest with Dadbot. I suppost that could go on for centuries. At one point he gestures with his head like "Let's blow this popsicle stand," but without sound I'm guessing.







I was going to go into all the AI thing and how most people don't realize how ingrained into society it already is, but I'm not up for it. I seriously doubt anybody would believe it anyway, just because they haven't done a second of their own research, and that's on them. In any case this begs the question: Do robots need to take a shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment