Thursday, May 4, 2023

The Adventures of Bud Greene and the K9 Unit (rewritten)

Once upon a time the Bud Greene band was playing a weekend at a place called Club 13 in Sheffield, Alabama, and we were out of smoke. That was an extremely rare occurrence, but as usual one of our fans came through, and joined us on the break for a breath of fresh air. We mentioned we were out, and one guy said to come by the gas station where he worked the next day and he'd fix us up. 

 We called him in the afternoon and he said to head on over. He mentioned that a couple of his cop buddies were also coming over to score, but they were cool and we didn't need to worry if they showed up while we were there. Cool cops, huh? We can dig it.

 We went to a little three-punp gas station and got the product. It was a nice secluded spot amongst lots of trees, so we decided to burn one there. I twisted a nice big hooter and we sparked it. Oh, and just to be safe I'd emptied the rest of the bag into an envelope and thrown away the baggie, and stashed the stuff nearby. 

 Sure enough, after we'd smoked about a third of the j, the cops pulled in. It was two cars, and one was a K9 Unit. The guy didn't say anything about a K9 Unit. I figured it was still okay, but we didn't know for sure if it was his buddies or if a bust was going down. I didn't have a beverage so I couldn't eat the doob. I knocked off the hotrock, stepped on it and stuffed the j into my back pocket. 

 Three cops got out. I reckon it was obvious what we were doing, but they acted like they didn't notice, and gave a friendly hello. We relaxed a bit, but then one of them went to let the dog out to stretch his paws and pee. Even though he was officially off-duty, his training kicked in and he headed straight for me. He walked up to me, poked his nose two inches from my back pocket and sat down right by me. Oops, busted. 

 Nobody said a word and it got very quiet. The cops decided to have some fun, so they kept quiet and let us stew for a minute, although I could tell they were trying to stifle grins. I figured that's what was going on, and I if I was busted I was busted, so no need to panic, but a couple of the guys were scared shitless. They went white and were shaking like leaves in the wind. Someone had to break the tension, so I said "Nice doggie," and the cops cracked up, followed by the rest of us. Whew.

 "Whatever's in your pocket, you might as well fire it up again" said one of the cops. "Okay officer" I replied. I pulled the joint out of my pocket, fired it up and passed it to him, and his buddies joined the circle. I don't know why but it's fun to smoke pot with cops. Smoke 'em (with cool cops) if you got 'em. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment