Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Hypocrisy of "Modern Medicine"

[ ]THIS POST IS NOT GOING AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT OR CURE ANYTHING BESIDES LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. HAVE A NICE DAY.{ ]This is a good one, but it's sad too. A couple of weeks ago I met a nice woman in a YouTube chat on a buddy of mine's channel. He and I share the same ideas about things like nutrition, herbs and natural remedies. For starters, if this tells you anything, I'll go on his show sometimes and we'll literally bend over backward and mention a million times that we are NOT doctors, and we are NOT giving medical advice, and so on and so forth, and still nearly every every one of his livestreams gets taken down immediately for violating terms of service, which in this case is "giving medical advice." The last time I was on his show in fact they not only took down the vid but they gave him a second strike, which landed him in "YouTube jail" for three weeks, where he couldn't upload or do livestreams. That's bullshit people. Wake up and smell the censorship. [ ]So this woman and I started chatting and she was wanting to look into some natural things. She's been prescribed a popular anxiety med that starts and ends with the letter "X." She said she didn't really think she needed it to begin with, and she hated the side-effects. She asked if anyone knew of natural things with similar properties, and without really saying anything I told her to send me her e-mail. She told me that at first it knocked her out, but the doc insisted she keep taking it, and then she said that after a few months it seemed to be having the opposite effect than intended.. She's right on the money, and it backs up my observations going back decades, that people who specifically took anxiety meds and/or alcohol to relax actually got way less relaxed as time went on, and yet still again has since been borne out by science (SCIENCE) For more info see; GABA receptors. The brain has a plan to help the body and mind chill on their own, but it's overloaded with stimuli these days, not to mention the cocktail of chemicals in the soil, water and air. One thing's 100% sure, and although doctors used to discuss it back in the 70s but rarely do today, meds can fuck that system right up, and it can take years to recover. I can't say I've never taken meds, and sometimes recreationally, and yes, even the occasional Benzo back in the day, but never anything long-term, ever. My brian granted may be fucked-up as it is, but I wasn't ever going to help the process along by getting hooked on drugs. Anyway the nice lady was having trouble sleeping and her anxiety was getting worse. I mentioned a few things that had helped me relax (knocked me clean on my ass a few times in fact, but I didn't tell her that) and sleep, and about my famous "Chill Tea." [ ]I was out of one ingredient but I sent her a blend with the other three things, plus some Hibiscus flowers and some Clitoria flowers, all to make teas with. I sent her links to everything from neutral sites such as webmd.com, which neither bash nor promote herbs, so she could look into everything for herself. I'd just crammed the stuff into baggies and put them in envelopes with a few extra stamps and luckily they made it. It looked a little lumpy and funky and I wouldn't be surprised if a few people sniffed it along the way. I almost wrote "NOT WEED" on the envelope but I didn't. I got an e-mail from her this morning asking about something. She'd taken a photo of the stuff, in Ziplocs, and showed it to her doctor, who of course told her it was Voodoo and not to even touch it and to toss it immediately when she got home, but she didn't. Bless her heart...she said she hadn't made any tea yet because she was waiting on a tea ball, but I think she was torn by what her doctor said. [ ]Then she said something I think is pretty amazing, and not to be treated lightly, she said she was going to trust ME. I answered her question but I'm going to have to get back to her again. I have to tread lightly and be careful, and I sure as hell ain't gonna go at it with her doctor, should it come to that, but here's the hypocricy- two of the things her doctor told her not to touch, Peppermimt and Hibiscus flowers, are exactly what's in Celestial Seasonings' Red Zinger tea. It's exactly the same, plus Lemongrass, Wild Cherry bark and orange flavor, only I buy it by the pound for fifty times cheaper, plus it's organic. It's a win-win deal. Her doctor asked what Hibiscus was and she told her it was a flower. The doc said to not even think about making tea with it. Would she tell her not to drink Red Zinger tea? I doubt it. It's the exact same thing, except it's grown with less chemicals. There are no drug-interaction warnings on a box of Red Zinger BTW. Not only is it hypocrisy but it's also ignorance. This is basic stuff. It's not rocket science (SCIENCE). [ ]Ever since high school every doctor I've had or met somewhere I've done an informal surver on, to see where they stand (or stomp) on the subject of herbs. You have to mention it very casually because it's a trigger word for most doctors, and if you just go "What about herbs?" tehy'll ofter start to rant and rave, complete with gestures, about how it's Voodoo, and you're wasting your money. One doctor I had I casually asked "Doc, do you know where aspirin came from?" "Bayer?" he replied. "Good answer" I said. "But I mean where the main ingredient (acetylsalicylic acid) originally came from." "No" he said. "It comes from the bark of the White Willow tree." "Really?" "Yep." He had to look it up for himself but I'm really glad he did. I wish everybody would do that. Fucking Google it, Dylan. [ ]The beautiful thing was that he learned something completely new and different, and my dumb-ass taught him. It opened the door to a whole different deal for him, and most-importantly HE DID HIS OWN RESEARCH. It took every bit of half a minute. Sadly it didn't work so well with another doc, a towering hulk of a man who stood about 6-6, 275, with a lab coat and a serious god-complex. He sat back in his chair and folded his arms and said "You're wrong." "With all due respect, doctor, there's a computer right there if you'd care to..." "You're WRONG!" he repeated. "Yes, doctor." I guess you don't fuck with a doctor who with one blow could put you in need of his own services. [ ]I reckon the good doctor thinks that the way modern medicine came about was that they just got ten million lab rats and a million chemicals and just started mixing shit together to see what would do what, but in actuality it wasn't like that at all. The starting point for medicines was PLANTS, pure and simple, and still is to this day. THEY know that but they don't want US to know. They sure as hell don't tell doctors that. Every now and then you'll meet a doctor who's open to natural things, and who hasn't yet pierced their nose with a bone or use chicken feet for tongue-depressors, and it's a breath of fresh air. And they all say the same thing: "Well, they didn't teach us this stuff in med school." "Of course they didn't" I always reply. Believe it or not I've gotten into some lengthy conversations with a couple of doctors who were interested in finding out more about natural remedies and such, and again my dumb-ass gave them some info, and they were appreciative. [ ]I'm not a doctor, but I can say that I've pointed some people toward some things that have truly helped them, and I have testimonials second to none, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it, or not. I was skeptical at first myself, way back junior year in high school. I'd heard a bit about herbs, and silly me, I thought I could find out more from asking doctors, but they all said it was bullshit. Luckily I was skeptical and had to find out for myself. I've told the story before about how I found out that herbs really were legit, but it's hilarious. Long story short-ish, back about 100 years ago in high school, my friend Rusty and I had a huge Friday night planned. I'd done some reasearch and come up with a recipe for "turbo" Sleepytime tea, and Rusty thought it might be fun to try some before we went out. I made us each a strong cup, and it knocked us both out cold. I woke up the next morning around 6am, still sitting up with the TV on, thinking we'd gone out and gotten so hammered I'd blacked-out and couldn't remember how we got home. I ran to look out the window to see if the car was in the driveway, and realized that the damn tea had completely put out lights out. I couldn't believe it but I couldn't deny it. Herbs work. [ ]I sent this person an image of the Red Zinger label showing Hibiscus and Peppermint, and I bet she'll show it to her doctor. Sadly I'd also bet that her doctor will still tell her not to take it. She probably won't want to be wrong. If that happens, it just shows the smokescreen of withheld information. It's indoctrination at its finest, from day 1 of med school. The industry knows this. If you made billions off of selling meds to help people "get well," would you rather people be sick or healthy? Would you rather they knew that perhaps a 75-cent cup of tea could possibly do what a $5 pill could do, and with NO side-effects? Hell, no. But the info is there, and more importantly so is lots of anecdotal evidence. And did I mention scientific studies? Yep, there's real science (SCIENCE) involved. It's just not front-page news. It would be if the industry TRULY cared about helping us get better, rather than the Almighty Dollar. Think about it. Say what you will about its origin but I say there's a reason there are snakes on the Caudecus. [ ]In a perfect world her doctor might reasses her beliefs. It does happen and you have to start somewhere. If I were a doctor it'd piss me off to learn that I'd been blatantly lied to, not to mentioned owned, by an industry whose priority was supposedly the Hippocratic Oath and shit and not about pure money, but I don't know too who get pissed-off enough to give up the BMW and house in the 'burbs. Welcome to the Beast System. Again the bottom line is ALL medicines came from plants, and still do. Ever take a pain pill? The standard version comes from a plant. We all know that. That's just one example. Speaking of pain pills...got any you can spare, lol? [ ]That reminds me of the late, great guitar-slinger Scotty B. For about the last decade of his life he'd go up to every single person he ever met, young or old, black or white, rich or poor, and say "Got any pain pills?" I always wanted to get that printed on a t-shirt for him. It would've saved him some time. He was shot and killed during a dope deal gone bad, and on a Sunday and right across the street from a church in service, or so the story goes. RIP Scott. Shalom. [ ]I can digress with the best of 'em. Pills, schmills. If you're looking to chill out or get a good night's sleep I can suggest a brew. There are plants that have been traditionally used to relieve pain, including the aforementioned White Willow bark and the poppy, among others, but nothing can replecate the effects of the poppy (opiates). Many plants and meds of course have been shown to help with pain and inflammation, but with many types and/or levels of pain, nothing can get rid of it completely. In the case of opiates most people know that whatever residual pain is left is somewhat-mitigated by the "Don't give a shit" factor and feeling of intense euphoria in some people. The dangers are also obvious and have been gone over many times. There are definitely plants that will give you feelings of well-being and even mild euphoria (and I'm not talking about pot, but there's that), but nothing I know of can replicate all the effects of the poppy. Having said that, some of these things can put you out sure as shit, and for my money better than a traditional sleeping pill. In fact I just gave away the last of two of my chill herbs, and I've located a source of organic extracts, at both 20:1 and 200:1 concentrations, and I really want to try those out. I don't have too much trouble sleeping lately, oddly enough, but if I ever do I'm always glad to have these herbs. [ ]Including Rusty and myself, from the very first experiment with the tea up until fairly recently, no less than half a dozen good people have spent an unplanned night on my sofa. I still make the tea with several of the same ingredients I used in that first batch. There are other things that can be used as well. Some ingredients are redundant and interchangable, and for me it's a matter of finding something that covers all the bases but still tastes good. The extracts are way more expensive by weight than the crushed leaves and flowers, but of course way more potent, and not really any more expensive per dose, and a lot easier than making tea. You can buy empty gelcaps and make your own capsules, or spend yet more money and get pre-made ones or liquid extracts. These particular things have a sedating effect more than a psychoactive effect, although a couple will definitely give a feeling of well-being. Extracts are definitely the way to go for maximum potency. [ ]I've told this story before too but I do remember getting a pretty intense buzz from the tea, and it was fun, for a few minutes anyway...I was out like a light half an hour after I drank it. It was Forth of July about five years ago. Our (my ex and my) dogs hate fireworks, so I decided to get a fresh batch of herbs at the Golden Cash Register and make a batch of tea with beef broth to give to the dogs to mellow them out. DON'T WORRY...not all but most herbs quite unlike for cats, are dog-safe, and gentle but effective. Not only have I researched every single thing I've ever given an animal, but I've gotten everything cross-checked with an excellent vet who's one of the rare ones whose up on both traditional and "natural" remedies. I decided to have a cup myself as long as I was making it for the dogs. [ ]It did kick them back a good peg or two but not like it did me. We were watching TV and hanging with the dogs, and next thing I knew I felt really warm, and I started laughing. It was like a warm blankey had settled over me. None of the herbs are known for raising body temp but it really felt like the room had suddenly gotten warmer, in a good way. It was definitely a buzz and it wasn't at all unpleasant. The last thing I remember was feeling really warm and stripping down to my skivvies, and next thing I knew it was straight-up daylight. My ex filled in the details. She said I was laughing my ass off (sadly a rare thing around her) and I sort of oozed off the couch and onto the floor. I almost remember that but not really. She couldn't wake me up to get me to get in bed so she finally gave me a blanket and let me sleep it off. [ ]The thing is, like the very first time I tried it and passed-out sitting up, this time I slept for six hours on carpet, which, like trying to sleep sitting up, I normally just can't do, unless I'd gone out and gotten completely shitfaced and passed out, and I cannot tell a lie...it did happen once or twice. Funny...the tea put my lights out just as hard as a serious liquor buzz, without wishing for pure death the next day from being hungover. You might not know if your car was still in the driveway the next morning after trying your first batch of tea, but at least your head wasn't exploding and you were cursing the daylight and your mama for ever having you and your first sip of alcohol and everything under the Sun. I don't like a soft mattress but I can't sleep on bare carpet usually. Same goes for sitting up. For an herbal tea to do that is impressive. You have to make it really strong and steep it a while if you want it to put you out, but you can take much less for a gentle relaxation maybe. [ ]One interesting thing I really like is Wild Lettuce. It's kin to Romaine, and quite edible but with a stronger flavor. For years they marketed an extract called "Lettuce Opium," and it was advertised in the classifieds in Rolling Stone and other mags. As far as I know they may still make it. Some people loved it and some people poo-poo'd it, especially since it was called "opium," but as it turned out, here came science (SCIENCE) yet again, and showed that the active ingredient is an analgesic and acts on the opiate receptors, so it's legit, although it doesn't produce the high/ I tried it a few times back in the day and I didn't think much of it, although I tried to get off, but it has validity. [ ]Like traditional meds, some herbs work (or don't) differently for different people. I find that I usually have to take a much higher dose that what's suggested, but it's not a problem. You can't OD on herbs. Well, most of them anyway. A select few plants such as Jimsonweed (Locoweed) will have you tripping your balls off in a very, very bad way and you want to avoid those at all cost, but only complete dipshit idiots who don't give a flying fuck how they get high or what might happen, and can't afford real drugs, would go near shit like that. Anyway I weeded out what didn't seem to work very well and kept what did, and I'm learning new things still. I just found out about the Clitoria plant (how great is that) and it's already jumped to the head of the cless...right up there with Turmeric and Ashwagandha. The tea tastes fantastic, really good, and the benefits are amazing. Speaking of benefits, the "side-effects" of almost all herbs are that, if nothing else they're very powerful antioxidants, and those are very good for us. Among other things they boost the immune system, and that's going to come in handy with all this shit going on around us. [ ]For a doctor to tell someone not to drink Red Zinger or Peppermint tea seems pretty extreme. It's Peppermint. We eat it at Christmas, yet if there are "medicinal qualities" associated with it, somehow it becomes evil? It's Pure-D bullshit folks. Well, it's a small and wondrous world. I had to stop mid-paragraph to take a walk, and I ran into a neighbor kid and ended up talking to him for the last two hours. I met him last year and we've chatted here and there but he works nights and sleeps most days so I don't see much of him. He pulled up with a carful of groceries. I said "Hey man...if it were a year ago I'd offer to help with the groceries, but I know nobody wants to get near anyone. I had a feeling he was cool, and sure enough he said "I'm not scared of that bullshit. Grab some groceries if you want." Bekieve it or not I've never enjoyed helping someone carry in groceries in all my life. Just the act of cooperating with another human being who didn't treat me like I was a fucking biohazard was a breath of fresh air. [ ]He just turned 22 but in about two minutes I could tell that he was wise well beyond his years. His name is Kobe, and I don't know "basketball math" but I'm guessing he may be named after Kobe Bryant. I forgot to ask. He has a great-looking dog and last year I'd given him some of my dog treats. he brought them up and said how much his dog loved them, and he brought up the fact that he appreciated that they were organic. He told me that his mom is a doctor. SHe works at a big hospital in Chicago and volunteers at a clinic. The reason he brought her up with the treats and the fact that they're organic. He said she was into herbs, and he mentioned some really specific ones, like the Clitoria vine I just found out about. I was floored. He told me that she was fully aware of the Beast System controlling medicine and our world in general, and he said it by name. Like I said earlier, even doctors who know that aren't willing to give up their practice for it, and she's no different, although she does give of her time at the clinic, and some doctors simply won't do that. [ ]Kobe's dad is a fantastic artist, as is my mom. I showed him mom's Charlie (the dog) painting and he showed me a piece of his dad's art, and it's amazing. I'd have to call it "Folk" or "Outsider" art in that it had a primitive-esque style, but it lacked most of the childlike quality of, say, Howard Finster's work, which I adore. His use of color is amazing, and I could swear I've seen his work before. I can take or leave that stuff but I know what I like. He said he does exhibits in Italy and other parts of Europe every year, so it's possible I've really seen his work. There's a black guy in that style that I really like, and it's possible it's his dad. [ ]But it was his mom who freaked me out. I told him I was just in the middle of a blog post about how most doctors don't know the first thing about herbs or the fact that all medicines originally came from plants and still do, and how doctors mostly have no idea, and tend to vehemently disapprove of herbs. I said that the ones that do know are reluctant to speak about it these days. He said that for almost all her career his mom had casually mentioned herbs to some of her patients. Herbs generally aren't prescribed in this country but she still told people about some things. He said that recently they told her that from now on she was prohibited from even bringing up the topic of herbs to any of her patients, and if she did so she'd lose her license. That certainly drives home what I was just saying a few hours ago. I've studied this stuff for years, but I'm not a doctor. Kobe's mom on the other hand is, and she and I are of the same mind on that topic. [ ]It made my day to hear about his mom, and I know it was good for him too to be able to talk about shit like other dimensions, frequencies and auras and all of that good stuff without automatically being told you're crazy. He looked at me and said "There's something you should know about me...I'm a "Conspiracy Theorist." "I'll go you one better, bro" I said. "I'm a 'Truther!'" We both cracked-up and extended our hands at the same time. Shaking hands with another man these days was another rare treat. We sat on the steps, less than six feet apart I might add (shhhh...don't tell anyone), and talked about angels and demons and metaphysical shit for the next two hours. I was telling him shit that I rarely discuss even with many close friends, and I know it was the same for him. At his tender age he even knew exactly what a true Narcissist is, because he dated one, just like me. We traded horror stories about our exes...stuff the average person just wouldn't be able to get their head around, but we know. Did we run into each other today just by chance, and for him to tell me about his mother, the doctor and herbalist? Perhaps, but I think perhaps not. He told me some crazy shit and you can believe I told him some too. He talks to his mom every day and he says he'll hook us up on the phone one day and I can't wait. It'll be an honor. I'll have to tell her that a doctor here forbade someone to drink Peppermint tea. She'll get it. { ]And there you have it...at least in my opinion. I was talking about the scant few actual medical-doctors who also understand herbs, and lo and behold I heard about one before I finished the post. What'r the odds? I'm trying to tell you, folks, and I'm saying it purely out of love, and anti-bullshit...it's all bullshit folks. It's bullshit. Just ask Kobe's mom, the good doc. It's a small world...batshit-crazy lately, but still very small. I greatly enjoyed the unexpected conversation and camaraderie. Like me he doesn't give a shit about age, color, creed or any of that. I can't freaking wait to talk to his mom. God is good. I met some of my people today and I'm very grateful. Dude even knows about music and 432hz and the healing power of drums and shit like that. Amazing. Find a good doc who knows the whole story, before they all go under gag orders, which BTW should tell you something. Knowledge is power, but the bullshit is rampant. What I'm sayin' has truth. Use discernment, on whatever I or ANYONE says, professional or Average Joe. Look into it for yourself. Be well, and do have a nice day. You're beautiful, and whether you know it or not, God loves you. He really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment