Saturday, January 21, 2023

Cards

I'm about to give more samples of my stuff out, and I knew I at least needed some biz cards so I wouldn't look quite like the dipshit I am. I found a place called GotPrint that was cheaper for the same quality than most places I saw. I got 250 for around $25, with tax and shipping, which isn't too bad.

 I opted for the UV coating, which makes them almost glossy. They have a nice feel. What's cool is that the photo looks like it was taken in daylight, although it was around midnight. A big storm rolled in and I caught a huge lightning strike on camera. It lit up the sky like daylight, except for a violet tint that gives away a lightning strike. Maybe it's a little stark but that's okay.

 It was a happy accident that I chose this image. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to use as a bg image, since I make so many different things. I was scrolling through my photos...Moongazers, dog treats, chimes and such, and this photo flashed by. It caught my eye and I knew I had to use it. The whole process, from realizing I needed business cards, to finding a place to designing the cards to paying took maybe twenty minutes. 

 I wish I'd made the print a bit smaller but other than that I like the cards a lot, and I'd order from them again. I thought about listing all the shit I make on the cards, and putting my email, but that's too much shit. I can always get different ones made. These cards look clean. There's plenty of room for people to draw birds or lightning in the trees or whatever. 

 Without sounding sexist I think business cards are gentlemanly for a man to carry, and it shows you at least give half a fuck. I can whip one out and say "My card..." On the off-chance some sister might inquire as to my number, it'll be smoother to hand her a card instead of her having to enter it on her phone or dig around for a pen and paper. 

 The fact that it's lightning might be a good icebreaker. The sister in question would be remarking on how cool that is and how nice the card feels...as she's slowly rubbing her fingers across it. I'd say something like "What's a girl like you doing in a place like this? Do you come here often? Wait a minute...I've got it...you're an Italian. What? You're Jewish? Oh, love your nails. You must be a Libra. Your place or mine?" Dammit, I'm dreaming again. Well, never say never. 

 Anyway these cards are kinda classy. The lightning is cool. You never know...maybe it'll strike for me. Even dipshits should have business cards. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment