Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Honey Bun Hit

It's amazing to run across all these bizarre factoids that you'd have never imagined in a million years. I was just watching a video and there was a guy who'd served time talking about gang activity and stuff. It's not an area of interest really but it was a detour in the main video. He was saying that food is used as currency in prison, and that it was worth a bit more than face value in "prison money," however that works.
 He said that Honey Buns were way up near the top of the food chain. I suppose most inmates aren't exactly known for making the best decisions anyway, and that apparently includes food. Of course it's just the same on the outside. They say you are what you eat, and although it's cliche by now, when I go to Walmarks I see a bunch of giant Honey Buns walking around, and I don't mean in the endearing way...I mean like I see giant Honey Buns with arms and legs pushing shopping carts.
 I'll have to say that as good as some people seem to think they are, your body HATES you when you eat a Honey Bun. Anyway he said they were very popular as payment for everything from gambling debts to extortion or worse, and he said that they can even be used to pay someone to go beat up an inmate. Some gang guy will want to send a message or whatever, so he'll hire a goon and pay him in Honey Buns. Apparently when he was last incercerated the going rate was ten buns per asswhoop. They call it a "Honey Bun hit." You learn something new every day.
 I'll be danged. You go and beat the shit out of some dude and you get handed a sack of Honey Buns. I doubt I'd ever have come up with that scenario. Sure they fuck-up your body on the inside, but ten of them can turn you black and blue on the outside too? Shiiiiiiiiit. I never thought they were that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment